Ancestral Lineage Healing
It’s no mistake that our ancestry is called our roots. Ancestral lines are a major source of input in our life experiences. When healthy, ancestral lines are a natural root system that supplies us with support and resources. The well ancestors bless our lives and help us live according to our life purpose. When unhealthy, they can be the source of systemic issues including persistent dysfunctional life patterns, illness, addiction, and poor psychoemotional health.
Benefits of doing ancestral lineage healing can include:
- Connecting you to your wise and loving ancestral guides.
- The support of your well ancestors in creating your life path.
- A greater sense of personal identity, purpose, and belonging.
- A connection to spirit and the sacred that comes from your own ancestral roots.
- The healing of ancestral and cultural wounds and the issues that arise from them.
- Boundaries with the not-yet-well dead and differentiation from that energy.
- Preparation for the death and ancestralization of you and your family.
- The improvement of life conditions for your family.
You don’t need to know anything about your ancestors or biological family to do this work. This work also doesn’t require contact or reconciliation with living family.
For some, the prospect of taking on ancestral lineage healing may seem like a daunting task. So it’s important to note some features of this particular process:
1. The establishment of healthy boundaries with the not-yet-well dead is the first step. This step is reinforced throughout the process until the not-yet-well dead have become well and are safe to contact.
2. Everyone has healthy, vibrant, and helpful ancestors, and it is these ancestors who do the work. It is not the job of the client to fix their lineages. The job of the client is to show up, ask for the work to be done, witness some of the healing that takes place, and commit to having an on-going mutually-beneficial relationship with the well ancestors.
The premises of this work are as follows:
- Consciousness continues after death.
- Not all of the dead are equally well.
- The living and the dead can communicate.
- The living and the dead can strongly affect one another.
(From Daniel Foor’s book Ancestral Medicine, 2017)
An extension of the last premise is that through the repair process healing and elevation can occur for the ancestors to the benefit of their living descendants.
This is an experiential process and only requires “putting on the hat” of the above premises. As working with the ancestors is new to many people, a client’s relationship with them is something that will develop over time.
Please note that in these sessions, Maris facilitates but does not contact your ancestors for you. These sessions will foster your own ability to be in contact with your well ancestors. For those who are new to, or have difficulty with intuitive perception, there can be an initial learning curve around developing those skills. As many of us have ancestral blocks to intuitive perception, doing this work can affect change in that arena. For some this will take time and it is your intention, rather than your intuitive experience, that will drive the process.
I am a Certified Ancestral Medicine Practitioner and I adhere to the Ancestral Lineage Healing Practitioner Code of Ethics.